Cured meat is a bit like wine it’s improving with time. So if you love shiraz or syrah and duck, here is a recipe that combines Duck Prosciutto & Shiraz.
Our first #reciporn = foodporn+wineporn! Just on time for Christmas celebrations.
It’s super easy, less than 30 minutes preparation and mainly all you need is a duck breast, a ton of salt and wine.
- Duck breast
- Salt (a lot and raw salt is better/cheaper)
- 2 oz of red wine (Shiraz)
- Salt and pepper
- Dry herbs
- Clean dish cloths and paper towel
- Patience to wait the 2 weeks drying!
SHIRAZ & DUCK PROSCIUTTO
MAGRET SÉCHÉ (ma-grey say-chay in frenh) /Cured meat duck breast
STEP 1 Salt+wine Cooking
- Like picture above cover red meat with herbs, salt & pepper.
- In a ziplock put some raw salt (in big chunks) place magret fat skin down.
- Add raw salt on red meat and 1 once of Shiraz. Close ziplock removing air.
- Store at the bottom of your fridge for 18 hours.
STEP 2 Drying
- Rince in clear water
- Add water in a bowl with 1 oz of Shiraz to cover magrets, let it sleep 30min in the fridge.
- Dry with a paper towel.
- Add Pepper, piment d’Espelette (paprika, red pepper…) and dry herbs.
- Roll in a clean dish cloth.
- Let it sleep in the refrigerator bottom rack for 2-3 weeks.
I strongly recommend that you buy a complete duck, you’ll get two breasts for the price of one!
If follow my list of recipes, you’ll get confit and duck rillette too here!
Hey to thank us, give us your comment below …in three weeks 😉
Certified optimal temperature.wine
La temperature.vin certifiée optimale