Our first #reciporn = foodporn+wineporn! Just on time for Christmas celebrations.
It’s super easy, less than 30 minutes preparation and mainly all you need is a duck breast, a ton of salt and wine.
- Duck breast
- Salt (a lot and raw salt is better/cheaper)
- 2 oz of red wine (Shiraz)
- Salt and pepper
- Dry herbs
- Clean dish cloths and paper towel
- Patience to wait the 2 weeks drying!
SHIRAZ & DUCK PROSCIUTTO
STEP 1 Salt+wine Cooking
- Like picture above cover red meat with herbs, salt & pepper.
- In a ziplock put some raw salt (in big chunks) place magret fat skin down.
- Add raw salt on red meat and 1 once of Shiraz. Close ziplock removing air.
- Store at the bottom of your fridge for 18 hours.
STEP 2 Drying
- Rince in clear water
- Add water in a bowl with 1 oz of Shiraz to cover magrets, let it sleep 30min in the fridge.
- Dry with a paper towel.
- Add Pepper, piment d’Espelette (paprika, red pepper…) and dry herbs.
- Roll in a clean dish cloth.
- Let it sleep in the refrigerator bottom rack for 2-3 weeks.